- Represents large national and regional financial institutions in structuring and documenting financing transactions ranging from $1 million to $50 million.
- General counsel to a distribution business with approximately $50 million in annual sales providing guidance on corporate matters including shareholder rights, governance, employment, and other general corporate matters.
- Assisted in the representation of a retailer in acquiring a $150 Millions asset based line of credit.
- Assisted in the representation of a landowner regarding tax matters related to the donation of approximately 9,600 acres of land to a land trust through a conservation easement.
- Assisted in the representation of a property owner in the sale of a 240 unit apartment complex and subsequent purchase of medical office buildings.
- Counsels small to mid-size companies regarding corporate matters including: corporate formation and governance, disputes involving corporate issues, shareholder disputes, and dissolutions.
- Represents clients in mergers and acquisitions in the technology, pharmaceuticals, service, and insurance industries.
- Forms California nonprofit public benefit and mutual benefit corporations, including obtaining recognition of tax-exempt status.
Director, Soroptomist International of Metropolitan Sacramento, 2007 – present
Director, Community Resident Services, 2013-present
Member, MetroEdge, Sacramento Metro Chamber, 2012-present
Member, Sacramento County Bar Association, Business Law Section, 2011-present
Adjunct Professor, McGeorge School of Law – Business Law Clinic
Member, State Bar of California
Member, Association of Commercial Real Estate, 2004-2015
J.D., with Distinction, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 2010
B.A., University of California at Davis, 2003
Honors and Rankings
Super Lawyers – Rising Stars 2015
Sacramento Magazine’s Top Lawyers List, 2015 – Banking and Financial Services
CEB Business Law Practice 2015 Year in Review, Co-Presenter
CEB Business Law Practice 2014 Year in Review, Co-Presenter
The Tax Man Cometh: Implementation of San Francisco Gross Receipts Tax, co-author
Planning for the 2013 Medicare Tax
Contributed to Chapter 3: Realizing Gains From Competition, Economic Report of the President 2002