Congratulations to the six Delfino Madden partners — Chris Delfino, Dan Coyle, Jeff Koewler, Jennifer Randlett Madden, John O’Malley and Monica Hans — for being recognized by their peers as top local lawyers in the Sacramento Business Journal’s Best of the Bar 2015 list.
Each year, local attorneys are chosen based on nominations by their peers and votes by a panel of top honorees from past years. According to the Business Journal, “When it comes to searching for legal help, there’s nothing more reliable than a list compiled by professionals who have worked extensively with — and even against — one another.”
This is the second year in a row Delfino Madden’s five founding partners have been named to Best of the Bar and the first for partner Monica Hans.
“Our team truly believes in what we do and serving our clients,” said partner Jennifer Randlett Madden, “It’s amazing for that to be recognized by peers we respect.”
Delfino Madden Honorees’ advice to new lawyers:
- Chris Delfino: “If you are interested in being a business lawyer, understanding the fundamentals of business and finance is critical. It also is imperative that you first thoroughly understand your client’s business.”
- Dan Coyle: “Be ethical, thorough, detail oriented and hard working. Do not take yourself too seriously. Most importantly, do not be an ass – lawyers have long memories.”
- Jeff Koewler: “Focus on becoming a good lawyer. If you develop good legal skills, you will have a very successful career and you will attract good clients.”
- Jennifer Randlett Madden: “Work hard and learn the details of your clients’ industries. …You will become a more effective advocate and trusted advisor.”
- John O’Malley: “If you work hard and have integrity, you will be fine. The top lawyers often are not the geniuses – they are the attorneys who are willing to out-work their peers. Be that lawyer. And remember that your professional reputation is everything.”
- Monica Hans: “Find a mentor, continue to learn, practice an area of law you are passionate about, surround yourself with people you enjoy working with, and maintain integrity always.”