Partner—Corporate Law, Real Estate Law
Companies, investors and entrepreneurs turn to Elizabeth Jackson for sophisticated and practical guidance in connection with a wide variety of commercial transactions and significant business decisions.
Elizabeth has extensive experience representing banks, equity funds, regional business, sole proprietors, and individuals. Her finance practice includes advising clients (both lender and borrower) on a variety of lending transactions, including commercial mortgage loans, mezzanine financing, and restructurings. In addition, Elizabeth routinely counsels clients with respect to joint ventures, complex commercial agreements, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance of both for-profit and not-for-profit entities.
Elizabeth represents investors, developers, and business owners with commercial real estate leasing, financing acquisitions and sales, with a focus on contractual negotiations that guides them through every phase of the commercial real estate transaction. She assists her clients in analyzing real estate opportunities that will advance their interests.
Prior to practice law, Elizabeth worked for several years in commercial lending where she was responsible for managing, growing, and restructuring debt arrangements within a portfolio of $800 Million. With this experience, Elizabeth offers unique insights when representing both lenders and borrowers in structuring, documenting and closing both secured and unsecured financing transactions.
- Represented a service company in a series of acquisitions designed to provide growth and diversity.
- Represented private equity fund in a series of company purchases and debt restructure.
- Represents large national and regional financial institutions in structuring and documenting financing transactions ranging from $1 million to $50 million.
- General counsel to a distribution business with approximately $50 million in annual sales providing guidance on corporate matters including shareholder rights, governance, employment, and other general corporate matters.
- Represents companies in the acquisition and disposition of real property.
- Negotiates commercial leases for landlords and tenants, including retail, office and industrial leases.
- Counsels small to mid-size companies regarding corporate matters including: corporate formation and governance, disputes involving corporate issues, shareholder disputes, and dissolutions.
- Represents clients in mergers and acquisitions in the technology, pharmaceuticals, service, and insurance industries.
- Forms California nonprofit public benefit and mutual benefit corporations, including obtaining recognition of tax-exempt status.
Board Member, Court Appointed Special Advocates 2018- present.
Board Member, Community Resident Services, 2013-present
Member, Sacramento County Bar Association, Business Law Section, 2011-present
Member, State Bar of California
Member, Association of Commercial Real Estate, 2004-present
Adjunct Professor, McGeorge School of Law – Business Law Clinic 2015-2018
Former President – Saint John’s Program for Real Change Auxiliary
Member, MetroEdge, Sacramento Metro Chamber, 2012-2018
Soroptomist International of Metropolitan Sacramento, 2007 – 2014
J.D., with Distinction, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 2010
B.A., University of California at Davis, 2003
Honors and Rankings
Sacramento Business Journal Best of the Bar 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Super Lawyers – Rising Stars 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Sacramento Magazine’s Top Lawyers List, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
News & Publications
Speaker, U.S. Bank Business Transition Seminar, September 2019
CEB Business Law Practice 2015 Year in Review, Co-Presenter
CEB Business Law Practice 2014 Year in Review, Co-Presenter
The Tax Man Cometh: Implementation of San Francisco Gross Receipts Tax, co-author
Planning for the 2013 Medicare Tax
Contributed to Chapter 3: Realizing Gains From Competition, Economic Report of the President 2002