Laura Neacato is a member of the firm’s general litigation practice group.
As a former judicial law clerk, Laura has developed a thorough understanding of the judicial process. When navigating each client’s set of goals, Laura draws on this experience in order to effectively navigate complex legal matters in substantive state and federal law.
Prior to completing her federal clerkships, Laura worked with California Indian tribes as a Fellow for ChangeLawyers (previously known as the California Bar Foundation) where she assisted tribal members and tribal council on legal matters related to Education law and Indian law.
In her spare time, Laura enjoys playing volleyball, soccer and finding new hiking places to explore with her partner and two rescue dogs.
- Assisted tribal members in IEP (Individualized Education Programs) disputes with schools
- Assisted a California tribe in its Petition for Federal Acknowledgement to the U.S. Department of the Interior, Indian Affairs
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable Gregory G. Hollows (Ret.), United States District Court for the Eastern District of California, 2019-2022
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable Allison Claire, United States District Court for the Eastern District of California, 2017-2019
- Adjunct Professor, American Legal System I, University of San Francisco School of Law, 2018-2020
- Judicial Extern, Honorable M. Elaine Hammond, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California, 2016
Professional, Community, and Pro Bono Involvement
- Vice President, Cruz Reynoso Bar Association, 2022
- Board Member, Cruz Reynoso Bar Association, 2019-2021
- Executive Committee Member, Schwartz-Levi American Inn of Court, 2018-Present
- Programs Co-Chair, Federal Bar Association Sacramento Chapter, 2022-Present
- Board Member, Operation Protect and Defend, 2022-Present
- J.D., University of San Francisco, San Francisco, 2016
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2010
- California, 2017
Panelist, “Practicing Law as a Diverse Attorney”
Sacramento Region Diversity Career Fair
Pacific McGeorge School of Law