Last updated: May 4, 2021
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by or provided to Delfino Madden:
- Offline or through any other means, including via email to any Delfino Madden attorneys or personnel; or
- By any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information through this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you by name, such as the aggregated number of visitors to our Website, and/or technical information such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, and Website traffic data.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in a contact form on our Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us via the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
We do not use technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking) and therefore our Website does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information and we do not maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any events we offer or provide though it.
- To notify you of new articles or blog posts or to provide updates on current events, laws or regulations if you have provided your e-mail address to us or have subscribed for such communications.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not share or sell your personal information with any unaffiliated third parties for advertising purposes.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Delfino Madden, our attorneys and personnel, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Email Communications.If you do not wish to be contacted by Delfino Madden at the e-mail address you provide, you can opt-out by e-mailing us or selecting “unsubscribe” on the e-mail we sent. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Delfino Madden as a result of an attorney-client relationship or for direct responses to a request you submitted to us.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an e-mail to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We will post any changes we make to our Policy on this page with a notice that the Policy has been updated on the Website home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by e-mail or through a notice on the Website home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us by e-mail.